1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How to change housing from 0.5 to 1 while improving tiles?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by Steely700, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Steely700

Steely700 Chieftain

What xml file do I have to change and what do I have to change to get 1 housing from each tile improvement?

Thanks in advance

2. thecrazyscot

thecrazyscot Spiffy

Try some sql:
    Code:
    UPDATE Improvements SET TilesRequired = "1" WHERE TilesRequired = "2";
    That will automatically update all improvements which provide 0.5 housing per improvement to 1 housing per improvement.

Or, just go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data\Improvements.xml and do a search for TilesRequired between <Improvements> and </Improvements> and change them all from 2 to 1.

3. Steely700

Steely700 Chieftain

Thank you, I changed the xml file and it works.

Now I probably going to get a problem later on with not enough amenities, I like to play a long game and avoid to play in industrial or higher age.

So my next question is do you know a work around this?

4. Shiroifushicho

Shiroifushicho Chieftain

Excuse me, i am creating a civ6 "Unique improvments" mod and came accross this post ... I am a bit curious here because i don't know what is the meaning of this "TilesRequired" variable/column. I mean you are using it here to boost the housing, but there is already a housing variable/column for that or am i wrong ? If yes, then what is actually concretly doing that TilesRequired stuff : O

5. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

From table Improvements
    Code:
    <Row ImprovementType="IMPROVEMENT_FARM" Name="LOC_IMPROVEMENT_FARM_NAME"
    Description="LOC_IMPROVEMENT_FARM_DESCRIPTION" Icon="ICON_IMPROVEMENT_FARM"
    PlunderType="PLUNDER_HEAL" PlunderAmount="50" Buildable="true" Housing="1" TilesRequired="2"/>
    Housing of "1" is added for every "2" tiles improved with Farms. If the setting for TilesRequired is altered to "1", then it would be Housing of "1" is added for every "1" tiles improved with Farms.

We know from experimentation this is how Firaxis coded the game's operating software to use these two columns within table "Improvements".

Firaxis has also used a column called TilesRequired in other game-tables, and via experimentation we've found it works in a similar manner. But in table Adjacency_YieldChanges the column is used to control how many tiles are needed in order to add one yield of something, like +1 Science is added to a Campus for every 2 adjacent Jungle tiles.

acluewithout likes this.
  6. Shiroifushicho

Shiroifushicho Chieftain

that's interresting. Ok i now see how it's working. But i have some questions left :

- if i require 2 farm improvement to get 1 housing (in our exemple), does it count if they are not in the same city ? A city with only one farm and another with only one farm, no one will gain 1 housing ? or one of the two will gain it ? (i know first answer is more likely to happen but if you can confirm). I reformulate : Do they need to be in the same city to activate their housing increment ?

- And my other interrogation is if there is 2 improvement with these same values (1/2) but they are not the same kind, do the housing increment still work or you need absolutly same improvements ? (sorry to bother you like that, i would not want some undesirable additional housing in my mod)

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  7. LeeS

LeeS Imperator

Improvements need to belong to the same city.

As I recall from experiments when the game was first released you do not need two of the same improvement to get 1 housing, but it's been quite a while since I looked for whether that is still true. One Pasture and one Farm would give +1 Housing, assuming my memory is correct. One Pasture and two Farms would still only give +1 Housing.

We do not have access to the game's controlling DLL code, so when we are not sure of how something works we have to experiment and double-check.

acluewithout likes this.
  8. Shiroifushicho

Shiroifushicho Chieftain

Thanks a lot for your clear answers ! im flying back to code now <o/