1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How to change the map?

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall Modmods' started by Wichtel, May 9, 2010.

1. Wichtel

Wichtel Chieftain

... without breaking the mod.

Like I said in the other thread I want to change some parts of the world map to make some historically important cities more attractive. Like Leoreth I used a texteditor (WordPad) to change the plots and the tool MapView (horrible interface ...) to find the coordinates. It works I can change the map, but I am still breaking the mod. ;)
    I copied the RFC 3000 BC unlocked.CivBeyondSwordWBSave and renamed it. After i finished changing some plots (nothing else) it works. But I can choose every civilization in the game even the americans in the 3000 BC version shich I should not be able too.
    What did I do wrong?

2. Leoreth

Leoreth 古典部の会員 Moderator

Supposing you never opened and resaved the worldbuilder file (which breaks many aspects of the mod):

Civs are declared at the beginning of the file, each civ contains a "isPlayable" (or similar) tag. If it is set to 1, the civ is selectable from the start.

3. Wichtel

Wichtel Chieftain

I opened the unlocked file where strangely all civilizations are unlocked. No one could have guessed something like that ;). Well it seems to work, thank you. Now I have to start working.