1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How to change unit icons?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by Umagula, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Umagula

Umagula Chieftain

I've got the mod tools, but I can't figure out where the icon images for units are. You know those icons that float over the units? I want to modify those. I assume they're 2D images stored in some larger file, but I can't figure out how to get at them. I can use Photoshop well enough, I just need to figure out how to get the images and then back in. Anyone know?

2. Doskias51

Doskias51 Chieftain

Page 56 of Kael's Guide will give you an overview of where to look. It is explaining how to disable them but will answer your question. I would suggest if you are going to be modding to use this as your modding bible =)

3. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

they are in the UITextures.fpk

4. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

Moderator Action: Moved to the main forum.
    The subforums are only for finishes files/threads, questions and working threads belong to the main forum ;).