How to combat que-move abusers

Ermak-

Prince
I was just curious what you guys do when nasty online players start queuing moves inorder get get double moves. For example, I got a bunch of archers guarding the city. The enemy needs to cross the river to get close and it takes him 2 turns to get close. So the guy simply ques the moves to move across by holding CTRL. So all the units move at the last second of the move without me being able to shoot with archers. Now, the next turn he also gets to move first since he got faster Pc ( even though I am host he always gets to move first). So, basically this is impossible to conter. My archers dont even have a chance to shoot. He always gets to kill units while i never do since he always first to move the wounded ones even if . I consider this a cheat and refuse to play with players who do this. Do you have any ideas?

Those are rules, and they are legit mechanics rules.
You need to adapt, and do same/learn to avoid/queue shift-moves
or
Just dont play online, play GMR MpGs (multiplayer hotseat)
They long much longer and advance very slowly, but there is a good part of it, and you always could have several going simultaneously.
You could also host one with only few hour turn time, so more dedicated people will play with you quite fast mp hotseat game

It's a sad reality of multiplayer online play. I started doing it recently as otherwise I was getting crushed in combat. Personally I think turn based is much better for combat and GMR fills this void nicely - I have to put up with shift moving in live play but I can get away from it for the rest.

Those are rules, and they are legit mechanics rules.
You need to adapt, and do same/learn to avoid/queue shift-moves
or
Just dont play online, play GMR MpGs (multiplayer hotseat)
They long much longer and advance very slowly, but there is a good part of it, and you always could have several going simultaneously.
You could also host one with only few hour turn time, so more dedicated people will play with you quite fast mp hotseat game

GMR is terrible to suggest for most people you know. Not everybody wants their playtime for Civ 5 to be a 3 minutes every week while waiting for other players to do their turns. If i'm gonna play a Civ 5 game, it gets finished in a week maximum. Instead for the OP, go join the NQ steam group. Its a rule to not que moves.

The problem with telling him to adapt and use the move himself doesn't quite work in his situation that was explained. Using shift moves is advantage for attacker. Now some may argue that yes it is advantage for attacker for good reason:
i)the defender gets fortification bonus
ii)the new hp in the expansion
iii)new ranged units

I personal disagree. I think the defender is given the advantage for a reason. This game is largely based on its diplomatic aspects, conquering is not main aspect of game. Giving the defender advantage allows players to explore other parts of the game.

My opinion is that this was a mistake in the coding of the game. The queued move is in place for when your sending unit a long distance, or auto explore.

I think players who use this are taking advantage of the game.(just my opinion not meant to offend)

I personally never use it but I'm aware of how it works.
Yes there is a default rule in No quitters not allowing this move however it is not banned if you find enough players willing to use move feel free:)

Top Bottom