how to conquer minister koun svartalfar??

kroket

Warlord
So this is actually my first post around here been lurking for sometime.

Ok so i was playing the Jotnar on an archipelago map with snaky continents. Started isolated and teched the noble AI away as usual (too stupid to research fishing-sailing somehow on archipelago maps). I decided my Wielders of Arms deserved some fun and set out to conquer the world. So i destroyed the Malakim (decius) without losing a unit despite the fact that their powerrating was actually higher... After that i focused on Svartalfar who had created mininster koun the crazy guy. So i whiped the pitiful Svartalfar of the map and they were actually destroyed...
Ok so i destroy Koun a few turns later but he shows up in Aelars Pit (new city). I figured he must have founded it just before so i set out to conquer it. Somehow i made peace though (weird) cause i couldnt declare war. I go in WB and remove his city (dont feel like waiting 10 turns i never made peace after all). Now suddenly the Svartalfar are BACK!! They have no cities though and i havent found any units!?! Whats going on?? How can i win the game by conquest this way???
Very strange!?
I included 3 savefiles 1 before the dead of the svartalfar 1 after the strange new city of koun showed up and the current game where i quit... dont feel like playing on if i cant win by conquest anyway...

Attachments

• Jarnaxa the Giant Turn_0742.CivBeyondSwordSave
    480.3 KB · Views: 124
  • Jarnaxa the Giant Turn_0730.CivBeyondSwordSave
    478.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Jarnaxa the Giant Turn_0720.CivBeyondSwordSave
    472 KB · Views: 68
hmm i am afraid thats not it since the seven pines are on an island not owned by anyone.
Maybe i broke the game by 'deleting' minister koun rather then waiting some 8 turns...
still its very weird to have a defeated civ return without any cities or units!?

Ok so i tried some things... basically i replayed it from 730 declared war on koun and destroyed his 1 archter at aelars pits. koun is gone but viconia is always there.
I gave her a city and destroyed it. Now it says the civ is destroyed but she doesnt disappear from the scoreboard?!? Hard to win by conquest this way. I included 1 save and 2 screenshots (LOL i suppose Faeryl Viconias message 'think u got the last of us' is quite true)

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0115.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0115.JPG
    255.8 KB · Views: 139
  • Civ4ScreenShot0116.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0116.JPG
    270.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Jarnaxa the Giant Turn_0741.CivBeyondSwordSave
    480.1 KB · Views: 65
Using world builder to delete cities bugs the system. Instead, you should have either let Auric Ascended spontaniously rise to your side, or else simply used the diplomacy editor to force Koun to DoW on you.

Open the world builder. Look all around the map for treasure chests. Create a unit on top of them and use it to explore the chests. Finally, update your game to patch C.

ok so i did actually win. i continued on from the 'replayed' game from 730. only thing i did was tech feudalism and get svartalfar to become my vassal. She didnt want this though so i 'cheated' again.. Very annoying to have to do this but i couldnt really come up with another way to win since there was no way to conquer a civilization without cities or units ;-)

Very annoying to have to do this but i couldnt really come up with another way to win since there was no way to conquer a civilization without cities or units ;-)

Open the world builder. Look all around the map for treasure chests. Create a unit on top of them and use it to explore the chests. Finally, update your game to patch C.

Extra treasure chests will prevent a civ from being properly defeated. It can and probably will happen to you again. Look for them on small islands and deserted regions of the map.

Top Bottom