1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

How to correctly install this mod in 2022?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Fall from Heaven' started by matt94, Mar 11, 2022.

1. matt94

matt94 Warlord

Hi all, just getting back into this and a bit confused on the installation.

The main download page links to a download for the file FallfromHeaven2041n.exe. I installed that into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods

Now I see there is a patch. I don't know exactly what a patch is or where I am supposed to install it. I have FfH20410.exe and it is asking me where to install it but before I move forward I want to ask ehre to make sure I'm doing this correctly. Do I install this into the same "Mods" folder? Or do I install it into "Fall from Heaven 2" folder since its a patch?

2. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

I am not sure. But honestly you can just install it to any random folder and than copy the contents over your FFH2 install if you are worried.

3. Tinadafish

Tinadafish Chieftain

the patch's installer should automatically get the right path, it works for me when it says to install in the same mods folder as FFH2

4. matt94

matt94 Warlord

Perfect, thanks.