How to create Units

Suleiman Pasha

Warlord
Hello everyone,

I have been downloading all these awesome units created by differnet people. I was wondering if anyone could show me how to create these units or if there is already a tutorial can you point it to me. How do you create all that animation and the unit itself i mean teh picture of it.

Use either a 3d modelling/animation program (such as 3dsmax, rhinoceros 3d), copy and paste from existing units, or draw by hand.

EDIT: this tutorial by Level might be useful to give you a good idea of the specifics, once you have selected a program.

thanks guys:goodjob:
im at the tutorial now hopefully u ll see some of my units in future :D

No problem. It's always great to help "create" a new unit maker. Also, if you have any questions about the tutorial, or Anim8or, ask!

hey gogf I was using animator cudnt open the pcx file with it so anyway i used jasc piant shop pro
I followed the tutorial and I opened all the frames. But now tht i want to edit it, if i draw some color in themodel it looks like a flat thing u know not like a chest stomach etc....any help?

Originally posted by TheMorpheus
Welcome, don't hesitate to ask the creator community for help. Nobody is a master at the beginning :)

When you draw by hand, it probably won't look 3D. That's where anim8or comes in. It doesn't really animate (well it does, but it's a different type of animation). You use it to create "3D Models." At the website, look at the tutorials, you can learn a lot from them. When you are done with your 3D Model, go to File >> Render Preview. Then click the save button at your left. Click the "..." button, and choose Desktop (I do), and then a filename. Select JPG, and enter in 100. Then click "Okay". Open up the JPG, do ctrl-a (select all), ctrl-c (copy), and ten open your storyboard PCX. Do ctrl-v (paste), and then resize it to the proper size, and make sure that it has that odd magenta background. If you have any more questions, keep on asking.

well i actually understand gogfs tutorial so I guess u can try tht if u want :)

Okay, I don't have time right now, but a little later tonight (not much later), I'll post a complete, easy to understand tutorial on how to use anim8or to make units. I also think I can dig up a poser tutorial for you The Slayer (I can't write one, becuas I don't have it :().

Hey I might as well take this class too!!

I already got Anim8or..going to download that other 3d program...

The hard part about Anim8or is that its hard to make the shapes into differtn shapes..

QUESTION - - Where do you get this 3D Maxs program??

Thanks!!

You will probably have to buy 3dsmax (or find a friend who has it). 3dsmax comes with great modelling tutorials, so you only really need to read/do those for the modelling, then Level's tutorial for an idea of how the scene around the model should be set up (it is only a rough guide), and then the FLICster tutorials for creating a storyboard and making it into an flc.

Okay, so our class consists of:

The Slayer
Truckingpete
Suleiman Pasha

Okay, I'll start the tutorial now, and explain how to make random 3d things in anim8or (this part will be finished in a little while).

Top Bottom