1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How to deal with high religious division

Discussion in 'Strategy Section' started by TheXMassTeam, May 19, 2016.

1. TheXMassTeam

TheXMassTeam Chieftain

Hi,

I've got a little problem with my actual game (save file attached).

In almost ten turns (marathon speed, the one just above normal), I went from 90 happiness to -10, due mostly to high religious division unhappiness.

I've try to clean up a bit with inquisitor, but it seems to work only one turn. For example (screenshot attached), in a city with 28 total pop and 26 following of my own founded religion I've got a -7 "we want more followers".
    How can I deal with that? I already build a temple, I also go for the piety social policy (unlock and first one) in order to get a discount for inquisitor and priest, but I can't afford to build an inquisitor for each city each turn, so I'm a little bit confused, what I missed? why city with 90% religious unity generate so much unhappiness? What am I missing? Who killed JFK?

Any clues are welcome :)

P.s. : someone suggest it's maybe a bug, so I'll post on github if it's one

Attached Files:

2. Kwamer86

Kwamer86 Chieftain

if it is a bug (and it looks like one to me), maybe a possibility for your save would be to go to the Rationalism tree. There is a policy which sets the unhappiness caused by religious division to 0.

3. TheXMassTeam

TheXMassTeam Chieftain

Oh great, thank you, I didn't notice that. I will reload a previous save, try this and report back if it's working or not.

4. TheXMassTeam

TheXMassTeam Chieftain

Ok, It's perfectly working, I'm back to +90 happiness, thanks again :)