How to diagnose a crash?

iammaxhailme

Emperor
I'm playing on Windows 10.
Civ version: 1.0.0.290 (405094)
All official DLC and packs as of March 2 2019.
Mods:
- Expanded Initial Vision
- Terra Mirabilis

I have been using my current drivers for ages with no problem. I'm sure this is not a hardware or driver problem as the crash consistently happens at the exact same time.

I'm about 60 turns into my current game. On the AI's turn, the game simply closes with no message. I see the two AI I've met take their turn, and then between the last AI's turn and my turn, it crashes. At the time of crash it is probably either an unknown AI"s turn, or the barbarian's, or CS's.

I think crash info is supposed to be in ...\Steam Games\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Binaries\Win64Steam\CivilizationVI.exe.dmp
However this file is empty (0 kb).

I see lots of logs in
...\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs
But I don't really know which one to look in.

This might be a random coincidence, but I had some crashes today for the first time since GS came out (and before). When I was already in the game I noticed that the Terra mirabilis mod had activated itself although I did not want that. Could it be that the crashes are connected to mods?

It probably is TM. I see a lot of people saying it made them crash on its steam workshop page since I made this post. Oh well. I had assumed it'd be something else because TM was very stable before

Top Bottom