1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How to disable individual techs?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Creation & Customization' started by Philhelm, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Philhelm

Philhelm Chieftain

I've actually done it before, many years ago, but I can't seem to recall what I did and can't seem to locate any useful guides (maybe because the game is older, so Civ 5+ shows up a lot during searches).

I tried editing a copy of the .xml folder and simply changed the disable line to equal 1, and created a folder directory within the mods folder with the intent to override the regular tech .xml folder, but it didn't work. Can someone point me in the right direction?

2. lfgr

lfgr King

Did you place your modified CIV4TechInfos.xml file into ".../Mods/your-mod-name/Assets/XML/Technologies/"?

3. Philhelm

Philhelm Chieftain

I put the modified CIV4TechInfos.xml file under Beyond the Sword/Mods/ModName/Assets/XML/Technologies/

All I did was change <bDisable>0</bDisable> to <bDisable>1</bDisable> for the tech I wanted to disable. I can access the mod through the game via Advanced > Mods, but once the game exits to load the mod I get a million error pop ups. For the life of me I can't remember how I did this previously, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a complex change.

4. lfgr

lfgr King

I see. Can you post your CIV4TechInfos.xml here?

5. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus N E X U S

Certainly there is a typo in the xml.
    Maybe something like:
    <bDisable>1/bDisable>
    instead of
    <bDisable>1</bDisable>