How to disable World Rankings

Kevin Attfield

Chieftain
I find the most soul crushing aspect of multiplayer games to have the (now hideously detailed) World Rankings looming over me at all times. Starting to feel good about your empire? How about you click on that tab and realize that you may as well quit, because you're bring crushed in science.

I don't believe there is any way to disable it in game, but judging by the fantastic mod Better Trade Screen 3.0 I'm guessing that it would be fairly trivial to do with a mod.

Unfortunately the mod in question is a dense, single 3k line file of lua. Although I'm doing my best to reverse engineer it (and read up quickly on civ6 modding in general) I would be very grateful for any tips or tricks on how I might remove that demoralizing section my the UI in my multiplayer games.

The easiest way to disable for just yourself would be to just remove worldranking lua and xml from
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\UI\PartialScreens

Thank you, all I needed to do was create a mod with an empty version of that file!

I can't post to the mods, but if anyone else is interested in killing this screen, here is a quick and dirty way to put the mystery back in multiplayer.

Attachments

• No World Rankings.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 276
Top Bottom