1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How to do the UHVs for X

Discussion in 'Rhye's and Fall - Dawn of Civilization' started by pewp3wpew, Jun 10, 2019.

1. pewp3wpew

pewp3wpew Chieftain

So I could not find up-to-date guides for most of the nations in this mod. I can pull of victories for around 50% of the nations in this mod, but some of them seem almost impossible to me, especially earlier civs.

Right now I am trying to do the UHVs as Babylonia, but I just can't complete the first one. I am pretty sure that the second and third UHV will be almost trivial compared to the first one.
    I tried it seven times now. You have to discover writing and arithmetics before turn 50, because Greece starts with those techs. I tried to tech writing first, in the hopes that the UB will speed up my research, but when I do that, China will research construction before me. They always did this in every playthrough and they always got it in turn 38. I tried doing it by going for construction first, and then building the oracle to get extra techs, but I failed arithmetics by 5 turns. There are three tribal villages you can reach almost all the time, but in ~20 tries I got a technology once and it did not help me at all.
    Am I having bad luck, am I missing something or is it just not possible?

2. Enyavar

Enyavar Chieftain

China starts the game in turn 32. Finishing construction in 38 should be impossible for them.
    In fact, ever since their science nerf, China can only be played successfully in easy difficulties because their modifier sucks.

The Guide section has several walkthroughs for 1.15 (where it was still possible) and 1.16 where it's not. I haven't tried the puzzle in 1.17, but I'm told it works now.

1SDAN likes this.
  3. pewp3wpew

pewp3wpew Chieftain

hmm, I guess I am not up to date then, since China starts in Turn 1 for me.

Where can I find the guide sction? I must be blind
    Edit: I am indeed blind and found the guide section now...

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019 at 9:12 AM