How to edit resources?

Jellric

Chieftain
Hey folks, Just checking in for my once-per-decade SMAC tuneup. :)

Is there a way to edit resources? Couldn't find anything on this topic with the Search feature or Google. I would like for bonus mineral squares to produce more minerals by default.

Hey Jellric,

In the file Alpha(x).txt, look for the section labeled #RESOURCEINFO. You should able to achieve your goal by editing the line Bonus Square. Increase the second "2" to some other value to increase the minerals generated by a mineral special tile. I haven't tried this technique myself, but it should work.

Thanks Petek.

I was able to bump the mineral value to eight (even though I entered '12') , but there seems to be a cap there. Any idea how to go over the cap?

I was able to bump the mineral value to eight (even though I entered '12') , but there seems to be a cap there. Any idea how to go over the cap?

I entered 12 into the #RESOURCEINFO line and per the below was able to get the desired effect, both on land and at sea. As far as in reference to the eight you are referring to, why I think you are being misled by the tile improvement icon in your base screen - does it say something like "8+"? If so that is as high as the icons go for mineral improvement. You are still getting the full 12+ minerals on the tile.

D

Attachments

• mineral count.jpg
    mineral count.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 112
Ahh! You are absolutely correct. I am seeing 8+ but when I click off that tile I see the correct number subtracted from the total minerals available.

Thanks guys! I should be good to go for another decade with this great game! :goodjob:

Never bothered with modding but this could be a useful thing to give a boost to AI or players for scenarios or handicaps of different types.

Cool beans thanks for info.

Top Bottom