How to edit the Civilopedia??

tom123

Warlord
This probably isnt the right place to ask, but I will try anyway.
I was wondering how I would go about adding pages to the in-game Civilopedia. In the 'Rise of Mankind' mod, the Civilopedia has a section on strategy, with several articles from the War Academy. Now obviouslt this is useful, as it saves printing the articles off, or having to stop playing to access them.
So, can anyway explain how I would go about adding such things to the Civilopedia?

Depends on what you're trying to add. If you're trying to add a whole new item, it gets a bit complex. Though editing a pre existing object is fairly simple and straightforward. So what exactly are you trying to add, and where are you trying to add it? This is really crucial because some entirely new item on the left side of the Sevopedia will require some python code, but if you're trying to add in a new concept to the preexisting concepts list you can do this entirely in the XML, though there is a bit that goes into that. Took me a few hours to figure out how myself :crazyeye:

Depends on what you're trying to add. If you're trying to add a whole new item, it gets a bit complex. Though editing a pre existing object is fairly simple and straightforward. So what exactly are you trying to add, and where are you trying to add it? This is really crucial because some entirely new item on the left side of the Sevopedia will require some python code, but if you're trying to add in a new concept to the preexisting concepts list you can do this entirely in the XML, though there is a bit that goes into that. Took me a few hours to figure out how myself :crazyeye:

I was planning on copying the 'Strategy' section from the 'Rise of Mankind' mod into the normal Civilopedia. I assume this would involve adding a whole new section to the side would it not.

I'm not following. Take a screenshot and show me a picture of what you want to do. It can be a crappy picture, just with lines and arrows, I just need something that conveys what you want. That or you can describe with specifics what you want. I don't use RoM though, but I do use the Sevopedia from BUG as that's what LoR and all RevDCM based mods use.

Actually scratch that. If I'm understanding correctly you want to create a whole new section in the general items column, with Units, Technologies etc. Yeah, that's complex, you'll need to do some python programming. I'm not really willing to dig through my old stuff and re learn how I did that. You need to post a thread on this in the BUG forum and ask in there. Emperor Fool will point you toward the right python files, and give you pointers from there.

Now if you want to add some new objects to a preexising item in the main column, that can be done in XML. But to add a new group entirely to the main column definatly takes some python coding.

Top Bottom