How to fight a war and make the enemy love you afterwards

pirsq

Chieftain
Step 1: Capture a civilian.
Step 2: Make peace.
Step 3: Move the civilian next to a barbarian.
Step 4: Capture it back and select the option to return to original owner.

This happened to me by accident when I yoinked a settler from an AI and got ambushed by barbarians a few tiles away from my capital. By the time I got it back, I didn't need the worker any more, so I gave it back.

It seems like a highly exploitable technique.

It really, really, really isn't. If you're willing to start a war and give up a worker for a positive diplo modifier with a single AI... go for it lol. I'd take the worker every time personally.

The point isn't to start a war. It's that if you're already in a war for some other reason, you can end it in a way that makes your former enemy like you more than before you started.

You often end up with more workers than you need during a war. Even if you could use the worker, after turn 80 or so, an extra trading partner is worth a lot more than an extra worker. It also works with captured missionaries, and they're almost completely useless.

The point isn't to start a war. It's that if you're already in a war for some other reason, you can end it in a way that makes your former enemy like you more than before you started.

You often end up with more workers than you need during a war. Even if you could use the worker, after turn 80 or so, an extra trading partner is worth a lot more than an extra worker. It also works with captured missionaries, and they're almost completely useless.

And that, to you, is a highly exploitable technique? Get DoWed, capture a worker, give it back, maybe get a DoF some turns later? In terms of the broken things that you can do in civ this ranks well below "building a Library" and probably falls somewhere close to "improve a hill with a mine."

Well I'll be honest, this made me think of nanoha.

Making friends through violence.

No, I don't really think of it as a exploit. I've never tried to do this before but I've had bunch of people that I've dow'd before only to rescue their workers from barbarians cuz I felt like helping their workers.

This is probably a good way if you want to be friends with them for a long time prolly. Idk, go with your morals for this one.

Top Bottom