1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How to find Franchise Limit?

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Doormat123, Dec 8, 2018 at 8:13 PM.

Tags:
  1. Doormat123

Doormat123 Chieftain

Hi,

How do I find out what my franchise limit currently is? Also, is there a fixed calculation that would allow me to calculate what it would likely be in the future? This information would be quite helpful when choosing the tenets related to franchises in ideologies.

Thanks

2. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

3. Doormat123

Doormat123 Chieftain

Thanks, but is that the exact cap, or some proportion? Also, is there anything other than the Freedom level 2 tenet that modifies the franchise limit outside of the ones that modify number of trade routes?

4. psparky

psparky Chieftain

I wanted to know
    I wanted to know how to calculate it just yesterday for the exact same reason - should I choose Transnationalism.

Playing on a standard map, I had 12 trade routes and 9 franchise limit, so I estimated TR * 0.75. This meant that the tenet would only add one more to the limit, so I didn't take it, but it would have been nice to know if, when and how I could increase it to 10 so that the tenet would add 2.

BTW, you can see the current limit in the Your Corporation tab of the Corporations & Monopolies screen (accessed from the $ icon top-right of the screen)

5. bigcat88

bigcat88 Chieftain

6. Grabbl

Grabbl Chieftain

I think the tenet says "Offices count as franchises up to the franchise limit.", so you don't get bonuses beyond the limit no matter how many cities you have.