1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

How to free a city?

Discussion in 'Rise of Mankind: A New Dawn' started by Wesley balestrini, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Wesley balestrini

Wesley balestrini Chieftain

Without the mod, I could go to the "home advisor" and "liberate" a city that is beyond the sea. That would make her become a new civilization and automatically my vassal. Either the city was liberated to another civilization that already had cultural influence on it.

Now, I do not think this option. Sometimes, when the city is in a lot of revolt, the option appears to release it, bribe it or reject the request. However, releasing causes it to go to the barbaro state.

How to free a city?

Note: Translated text in google.

2. IPEX-731BA5DD06

IPEX-731BA5DD06 Chieftain

I think you need a minimum of 5 cities to liberate a new vassal.

This maybe map dependent, but I know its a minimum of 2 cities on smaller maps, maybe more for larger maps that I play.

3. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Chieftain

If it always becomes barbarian, it's probably because you've reached the limit of available civs. Dead civs included, it should be 50 civs. In this case you cannot release a city.

4. Vokarya

Vokarya Chieftain

There's only 35 civs in the core AND game. You'd have to install some add-ons to get all the way to 50. But I do agree. If you run out of civs, then barbarians are the only option. Reincarnating dead players also requires a certain amount of culture of the dead civ left in the city, at least as far as I can tell in the Python code.

5. Wesley balestrini

Wesley balestrini Chieftain

Thanks for the answers!

Actually, I'm playing on the biggest map, so I should be without free civs.

6. Cor'e =)

Cor'e =) Chieftain

What add-ons get us to 50, MCP maybe?

7. Zeta Nexus

Zeta Nexus Chieftain

Exactly.

8. Cor'e =)

Cor'e =) Chieftain

Awesome. =)

9. PPQ_Purple

PPQ_Purple Techpriest Engineer

What file do I need to check to see exactly what the minimum number of cities for a colony is depending on map size? It's kind of important to know and should really be in the wiki too.

10. 45°38'N-13°47'E

45°38'N-13°47'E Chieftain

To tell the truth, I'm not sure there is a minimum number. I don't remember how it works exactly. If I'm not mistaken, it was usually 3 cities on a Large map, but I think it depends on how the map is divided in different areas and that's something that the dll does but I don't know how it's done.

11. Arakhor

Arakhor Dremora Courtier Moderator

It's not a good idea to have even close to 50 civs laid out in the game files, as you still need room for barbarians and any civs that form in play, such as those spawned by the BarbCiv or Revolutions options.