How to get a pantheon?

CakeofDoom

Chieftain
I'm having big troubles getting a pantheon while playing this mod, even when i rush shrine AND piety the AIs are all usually able to get faith much faster than i am, how can this be?

What difficulty? You can always try it on Prince and the AI should be completely level with you.

What difficulty? You can always try it on Prince and the AI should be completely level with you.

I do play on prince. So nobody has the same problems, maybe it's just because i'm unlucky with ruins and natural wonders.

Some ruins give you 30 faith, enough to found a pantheon... and it works for the AI too.
And if in ur game their is some civ like the celts, it's normal that u can't be the first.

In my last 4 game, 3 times i went for cultural victory and 4 times there was Brazil in my game (who can have a lot of culture and is boring to counter with tourism, it's just luck)

Just to let you know it isn't always down to luck or who your opponents are.

In my current game I started as the Celts with the intention of being the first and most aggressive religious civ. Gain a pantheon, found a religion, expand it and send out waves of missionaries/prophets to keep the faith.

Well you know the saying about the "best laid plans of mice and men"? Initial struggles with barbarians and my neighbours meant I couldn't even found a religion! So I switched tactics. I had also amassed a few :c5culture: buildings along the way, so decided to try for the :c5culture: victory.

Eventually the whole map was revealed to me and who do you think was sitting pretty on the other continent, Brazil. Undeterred I pressed on. The game is in the very late stages now, but I am already Influential with 1 civ and just about to become so with 2 others, Brazil included. It seems the war-mongering Assyria, despite trying to gain tech through conquest has also been busy with :c5culture: and will be ther last to fall.

The upshot is: sometimes what you want to happen doesn't, but what does happen is what you need.

Keep pressing onward. It will happen.

I'm having big troubles getting a pantheon while playing this mod, even when i rush shrine AND piety the AIs are all usually able to get faith much faster than i am, how can this be?

check the advanced option to disable ancient ruins. Then the only civs that should beat you to a pantheon are those who get a significant early faith advantage, like India and Celts.

I like how ancient ruins encourage us to adapt our strategy to fit the circumstances of the game. If you want religion, and can't seem to get a pantheon in time, you can go into the Piety tree to get a Great Prophet. This ensures you get a religion, and also adds a pantheon choice if you don't have a pantheon yet.

Top Bottom