How to get ultra fast conquest?

shl7070

Warlord
After looking at HOF games I tried to see what I can get with ultra fast conquest.
The tables up there are full with pre 3000BC conquests and I can't understand how it's possible.

My "best" game in this type was tiny-pangea-persia-2 AI on regent.
I set-up four cities, researched IW, got 6 immortals and went on a rampage but by the time I hunted down the last settlers the year was alrady 250BC despite building SoZ (with SGL)to make the onslought faster.

The key to the fastest possible conquest without cheating is to play as the Inca, disband your starting scout, build a chasqui first, then send him out and hope to conquer someone before they can get a warrior to defend their territory.

For the ultra-fast conquests at low levels, you start with the Inca (in Conquests; the Aztec in PTW or vanilla). Join your worker immediately and pop-rush a Chasquis Scout (a 2-move, 1 attack unit). Send out the Chasquis Scout and hope to find the AI quickly. At regent and below, the AI don't start with any units, so you try to catch the AI before they build any. Your CS walks right in to the undefended cities, assuming you find them in time. Note: these games are really short, but you need a lot of luck to find the AI. I played one with 1 AI, just to see how it went, but I don't have the patience to keep starting a new game after not finding a 2nd AI in time.

Above regent, jaguar warrior rushes with the Aztecs are preferred, using PTW where the jaguar warrior is still cheap (the shield cost increased with Conquests). Boogaboo has good explanations of exactly what he did to try to get the fastest conquests. Take a look at his HOF threads.

Edit: You have to join the worker to get population to sacrifice. Disbanding the scout lets you rush immediately, gaining one turn of CS motion, but losing your extra eyes.

So no other way besides creating chasqui/jag warrior and hoping for the best?

It seems you need 2 cattle squares nearby and AI nearby?

May popping warriors from GH aid?
In 6 turns victories for example (3700BC) If I join worker, disband scout, get chasqui in say 3 turns then have to destroy 2 AIs in 3 turns, the luck required is insane like one of them wiped out by a volcano.

In any case you say it rules out any IW or horse stacks as popping IW from a hut is very improbable even if I start with scientific civ?

If you join the worker and disband the scout, you can pop-rush and have the chasquis scout in 1 turn, leaving 5 turns for hunting for the AI. If you are very lucky and both are within 10 tiles of your capital, you have your 6 turn victory. On low levels, the idea is that you don't actually need to build anything beyond your first rushed CS. You don't need anything special in your starting area, except that the AI need to be there.

If you join the worker and disband the scout, you can pop-rush and have the chasquis scout in 1 turn, leaving 5 turns for hunting for the AI. If you are very lucky and both are within 10 tiles of your capital, you have your 6 turn victory. On low levels, the idea is that you don't actually need to build anything beyond your first rushed CS. You don't need anything special in your starting area, except that the AI need to be there.

Forgot about pop-rushing, sorry...

In any case I tried "fast" conquest on standard map in monarch (4 AI, play as Rome) and it ended as one of the slowest and grindiest games I had, 2 AI popped cities from hut, one of them got an SGL, built wonder and propped itself to golden age and declared war, the other began stacking ancient cavalry.
Crushing them wasted so much time that I switched to republic (to gain tech) and later started grinding wars in medieval and beyond all the way to tanks until all resistance was snuffed out.
It was like world war one as supposed rapid conquest degenerated to trench warfare with arty stacks.

Play on a young map, because that's where chasqui scouts shine.

Play on a young map, because that's where chasqui scouts shine.

And very small, too. The only way to win in 6 turns is with 1 or 2 AI's to find, and then walk over.

2710BC on my first attempt at Chief level.. will have a few goes :)

Why bother doing this? It seems to me that if you can do this you've pretty much made the game pointless to play. Why bother playing the game if it's going to end by 3000bc? But of course I like a nice long term game and until recently haven't played a random map because for me standard Huge is just not big enough. I've mostly played the TETurkhan: Test of Time Earth map 256x256. So I like a nice long game. But it's gotten to the point that I've rarely ever finish a game. If ever. So I'm trying to scale back a bit.

Why bother doing this? It seems to me that if you can do this you've pretty much made the game pointless to play. Why bother playing the game if it's going to end by 3000bc? But of course I like a nice long term game and until recently haven't played a random map because for me standard Huge is just not big enough. I've mostly played the TETurkhan: Test of Time Earth map 256x256. So I like a nice long game. But it's gotten to the point that I've rarely ever finish a game. If ever. So I'm trying to scale back a bit.

It's quick and gives you a huge score. Admittedly it isn't much of a game but just another way to kill 20 minutes.

Militaristic Civs start with Archery, that might be nice.

It's actually for the Hall of Fame. That's it!

My fastest win time on a tiny map was 16 minutes. My warrior/s found the other civs very quickly as there is a chance they will be on your doorstep with a tiny pan and 80% water.

I had a recent crash so all my pics of scores are long gone.

Top Bottom