1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How to give a small buff to Liberty - ideas, suggestions and discussion

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by kaspergm, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Autoclave

Autoclave Warlord

How about a policy within liberty giving us an extra trade route and a free caravan?

2. Wojciech Rodzik

Wojciech Rodzik Chieftain

Guys I think liberty policies are quite solid.
    Only thing I would buff is maybe republic (+ 1 hammer now - good for start, bonus % good for later, let's buff that %)
    And start\finisher.
    Extra trade route should go to commerce...
    Tradition symbolizes despotic monarchies (why on Earth pyramids are in liberty) - let's think of something free (or semi free) people do better...
    Extra income city connection? Or more science?

3. Ninakoru

Ninakoru A deity on Emperor

Liberty to me is quite solid. Science to me is Ok, even with the 5% on standard. There are the things that doesn't work all that fluent in liberty:

Settler production bonus is too late, I expand very fast with liberty, and my first produced settler usually doesn't get this bonus. One of the great things of Tradition is that you can get everything "just in time".

You will run happiness and gold problems. You can overcome this with luck on CS quests, meeting some neighbours and hoping for lux trade, trade away embassies, luxes and strat resources, find most of national wonders early, but depends a lot on map and luck, and you can get games you halt growth for too much time because you don't have happiness resources for a while. Same with gold, no gold luxes and near civ to trade will put you in the red numbers.

The changes that could prove be enough could be:

- Swap 50% settler bonus with 5% building bonus.

- 5% :c5unhappy: cut from non-ocupied cities upped to 10%.

- markets give +1 extra :c5gold: instead of +1 :c5happy: from road connections, but move it to finisher instead of removing it.

4. kimadactyl

kimadactyl Chieftain

That's actually great. Fits the theme nicely, and stays nice all game. Or 25% to internal trade routes to give early food boosts?

5. FeiLing

FeiLing Deity

Settlers can no longer be rush bought. <-- I believe this could greatly enhance the game itself (and liberty). Hey, they even could scrap the super Minutemen and instead give America the ability to rush buy settlers...

6. Wojciech Rodzik

Wojciech Rodzik Chieftain

Let's go wild:

How about one time ION CANNON attack - you can destroy ANY city on the map:D

7. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

This is actually an idea I really like a lot. It's something that will not scale out of proportion like the additional +1 happiness per city, but it's something that will really help you in the very early game where Liberty suffers.

8. Resipsa

Resipsa King

Why does liberty need a buff at all let alone a buff ahead of ahead of Piety and Honor?

9. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Sorry, but that's not really what we are discussing here (see my OP). There are threads discussing buffs for Honor and Piety elsewhere, if that's what you want to discuss.

10. chazzycat

chazzycat Deity

I would like for the free GP from the finisher not to increase the counter. Seeing as how the faith GEs from tradition don't increase it...would be nice.

11. DarthSheldonPhD

DarthSheldonPhD Warlord

I disagree with Liberty being able to faith purchase GE's as small, concise empires should have an advantage in the wonder area. However, I'd love to see, and may actually consider Liberty if, finishing Liberty enabled purchasing GREAT ARTISTS as golden ages are both much more beneficial to wide empires and much, much more difficult to attain.

12. Monthar

Monthar Deity

I'm only going to list additions to what the policies already give.

• Opener +1 Trade Route.
    • Swap Republic & Collective Rule
    • Collective Rule 1 settler is maintenance free.
    • Citizenship 3 workers are maintenance free. So the free one and the 2 free from Pyramids won't drain your coffers.
    • Republic -10% building maintenance cost.
    • Meritocracy -10% road/railroad maintenance cost.
    • Representation Reduce Golden age cost by 10%. If a GA would normally take 500 points it now only takes 450 points.
    • Finisher Make the "free" GP actually be free instead of increasing the counters for generating them. +1 Science per internal trade route.

13. Megalomano

Megalomano Chieftain

I don't even know why they changed places with Republic. Now you must wait like 60 turns before your first free and fast settlers xD (the whole point of the branch is fast expansion and it fails to do so).

This one is needed too!