1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

How to give jungles the "old growth" lategame appeal boost?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by Tomice, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Tomice

Tomice Passionate Smart-Ass

I want to give additional appeal to jungle with conservationism, just like forests get ("old growth")

I found the general appeal bonus in features.xml, and the ability to plant forests is in the very same line.

But where is the old growth effect?

2. Cyphose

Cyphose y tho

It's tied to the AddCivic field which, as you noted, grants you the ability to plant Forest after discovering the relevant Civic (Conservation, in this case).

I whipped up a quick mod to test this by doing:
    Code:
    <Features>
        <Update>
            <Where FeatureType="FEATURE_JUNGLE" />
            <Set AddCivic="CIVIC_CODE_OF_LAWS" />
        </Update>
    </Features>
    All this does is give Rainforest (Jungle, whatever) the same ability, except instead of being able to plant it after Conservation, it's after Code of Laws (the very first Civic, for ease of testing).

This was the result after discovering Code of Laws:

Notice how it says it's "old-growth" Rainforest. Though I can't show it in a single screenshot, its Appeal definitely went up by +1 after discovering Code of Laws, so it's working as intended even for non-Forest Features. This unfortunately means there isn't a separate Modifier or anything to grant "old-growth" yields--it's specific to when planting is granted after a Civic via AddCivic in the Features table.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  3. Tomice

Thank you so much, gotta try this!

4. Tomice

It did the trick, nice! I somehow can't plant jungles, though, seems like there is another line for this.