How to implement the High to Low option in regular Civ4?

Benkyo

Chieftain
I absolutely LOVE the High to Low game option ('challenge') for FFH2.

It's been ages since I loaded up a standard game of Civ4, but the possibility of trying out that game option in a setting where the AI can actually win gets me all excited. My one gripe with FFH2 is that the AI really has no idea how to win maps except by domination, and the combat AI is always going to be a bit lacking...

So. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this fantastic option working for vanilla Civ4? Are there any hybrid/cannibalised mods out there using this setting?

I absolutely LOVE the High to Low game option ('challenge') for FFH2.

It's been ages since I loaded up a standard game of Civ4, but the possibility of trying out that game option in a setting where the AI can actually win gets me all excited. My one gripe with FFH2 is that the AI really has no idea how to win maps except by domination, and the combat AI is always going to be a bit lacking...

So. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get this fantastic option working for vanilla Civ4? Are there any hybrid/cannibalised mods out there using this setting?

There is a mod called Assimilation that has this and a few other FfH challenge mode options in it.

Thankyou! Exactly what I was looking for.

Now I have to see if merging assimilation with Varietas Delectat or BAT/BUG is possible...

High to Low is my favorite way to play FFH2 too.

You are forced to play 3 different civilisations, all with very different tactics.

You get an epic feeling of Rise and Fall, as you end up razing the civ you built to leadership hundreds of years before.

There is an extra element of strategy - before the first 2 changes, you want to attack the strongest civs, to hold them back and keep as narrow a band between first and last as possible.
Timing the switch is everything - several times I was too slow wiping out my enemy, and I switched into them to look into the barrel of my steamroller attack!

Yet another example of FFH's small innovations that create months of extra gameplay. Hail Kael!

Top Bottom