1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How to import BTS or vanilla maps?

Discussion in 'Maps & Scenarios' started by Mouthwash, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

I could really use a guide for this. How do I take normal and edit them in C2C? Moreover, how do I do it without preset Civs or resources?

2. RidetheSpiral23

RidetheSpiral23 C2C Map Team

Well if I remember correctly you just load up C2C and pick a regular BtS map and launch it. It uses the right graphics for the terrain but you'd have to edit in the others (dunes, marsh, muddy, tall grass, salt flats, tropical and polar ocean etc). You would also need to edit in the resources that are added in C2C, oh and features (caves etc).

The best thing to do is turn all the AI players off and edit the map in world builder, then after you are done editing write down all the coordinates for where you want civs to start and type them into the world builder save.

3. Mouthwash

Mouthwash Escaped Lunatic

How do I randomize resources and Civs?

4. mohreb

mohreb Chieftain

Somewhat realated, how can mapscripts be ported (i would really like to see maze and hub in C2C but for some reason they do not apear in the selection)
    can i just copy (and terrains will be chosen from the available ones in C2C) or soeme modifications are needed, what / how to find out?

5. AIAndy

AIAndy Deity

The main thing that is needed for new map scripts to work properly in C2C is adding placement for the new terrain types.
    If the map script defines map sizes, then the new map sizes in C2C need to be added as well.