[NFP] how to improve my civ game?

meurglys

Chieftain
looking to win in under 150 turns and go from emperor to deity. ive been watching the GOAT @civtrader6 and learned a lot but most of his stuff is outdated, like chopping got nerfed, science victories take longer, and AI only gives like 40 dollars for luxuries early game. im trying on emperor to get a fast cv as pericles and after 3 times i keep getting 220 turn victories. i just cant seem to go fast enough, is there something im missing?

i also have a load of questions, like:
  • am i supposed to get ancestral hall before doing settler spam?
  • if there are trees or cows on my acropolis spot should i wait to chop or rush the acropolis for bookspam?
  • how the heck do i get enough culture to get pp by turn 50 and feudalism by turn 75?
  • should i just ignore religion and mid/late game war entirely?
  • should i keep making cities for great work slots even after getting 10 cities by turn 100?
  • people say i dont need wonders for cv, how do i get enough tourism without them?
  • are there eurekas i should skip? like is it worth it trying to get the harbors and caravels for cartography and exploration, or construction, water mill, and lumber mill?
  • should i hold off on researching district technologies to try to get the discount? and is it better to place districts early or try to wait until other ones are done to get the discount?
i also includes 2 of my pericles games, ones peaceful, one had early war.

Attachments

• Win save 2.Civ6Save
    2.3 MB · Views: 25
  • WIN SAVE.Civ6Save
    2.3 MB · Views: 23
Last edited:
I think peaceful fast CV is usually difficult unless you are playing Magnificence Catherine then a sub 100 to 120 victory is typically possible. Other possible strategies would be Kandy + Reliquaries or focusing on high science to unlock flight, radio. I also think that CV is highly sensitive to presence of other civs, so sub 200 in one game is easy if you don't have high culture threats, but difficult in other games if you meet civs that generate high culture like Rome, Greece etc.

Strategy for war is you want to do is to cripple culture generation of high culture targets but I have never tried this strategy myself.

I think in the past sub 150 culture victory is possible with GW spam due to Goddess of the Harvest + 4 tourism GW. but now GW only gives + 2 and doubled only after unlocking printing whcih can be a problem.

Sub 150 victories are only really possible with strong Civs on highroll maps, you should really shoot for finishing sub 200 regularly, which will be possible with most Civs and most maps (not all maps though) if you have enough experience and are masochistic enough to put in hours upon hours of micromanagement.

As for your questions:

- Usually, you want to have at least 2-4 extra cities, for a total of 3-5 before you finish AH. But yes, always get AH before settler spam, always get Magnus and chop only with maximum efficiency.
- I personally feel like harvesting is correct, mostly depends on whether your city has enough hammers. If it doesn't, I'd keep the tile as is.
- Play as Rome. But in all honesty, this is the hardest early game benchmark for sure. A lot of good players rush/chop/goldbuy their monuments. Good scouting can get you a cultural CS.
- Ignoring religion is totally fine. Personally I only go religion if the map suggests it. Units are usually a better investment, yes.
- Making new cities is literally always worth it. Building new settlers is worth it until you have built more than 20. After that you're better off building units to take cities, which is more hammer efficient and gives you Eurekahs.
- Modifiers. Learn all of them. Spiking your Tourism is mostly about getting all modifiers online asap, and doing the little things, like tile improvements et cetera.
- Many of the sea-related Eurekahs are skippable. Generally speaking, if you have to detour more then 10 turns from a major tech or civic, it might be better to just ignore the Eurekah.
- There are two approaches. Either you go for the discount mechanism (if you want to read up I recommend Victorias thread on the issue) or you go for the instant district placement, which also gives you a discount. IMHO it is better to learn and perfect one of those strategies first. Which one is entirely up to you.

Top Bottom