How to increase land appeal?

GarryLLC

Chieftain
Hi!
I never cared too much about land apeal, since I mostly play scientific/religious games, but now that they added preserves it is sooo much more valuable.
Anyway, I wanted to ask you how to increase land appeal (I'm only aware of preserves themselves and Eiffel Tower).
I play deity, and have 375 hours, but I still don't get it at all.

Thanks in advance ;)

Here are some examples I can give off:

1: Removing Marshes and Rainforests should improve the Appeal of adjacent Tiles, but not the Appeal of the Tiles themselves.
2: Playing as Bull Moose Teddy improves the Appeal of Tiles in Cities with a National Park by +1.
3: Recruiting Alvar Aalto and Charles Correa can help improve the Appeal of Tiles.
4: Building a Holy Site, Dam, Theater Square, Entertainment Complex, Water Park, Canal, or World Wonder should improve the Appeal of all Tiles adjacent to them by +1.

Here are some examples I can give off:

1: Removing Marshes and Rainforests should improve the Appeal of adjacent Tiles, but not the Appeal of the Tiles themselves.
2: Playing as Bull Moose Teddy improves the Appeal of Tiles in Cities with a National Park by +1.
3: Recruiting Alvar Aalto and Charles Correa can help improve the Appeal of Tiles.
4: Building a Holy Site, Dam, Theater Square, Entertainment Complex, Water Park, Canal, or World Wonder should improve the Appeal of all Tiles adjacent to them by +1.

I get how Dam would increase appeal but the Canal is a little baffling. I imagine dirty canal water but I guess it refers to a more romantic view of canals as in Venice. Also, shouldn't Aqueduct increase appeal as well? It seems like the odd one out of the green districts.

I get how Dam would increase appeal but the Canal is a little baffling. I imagine dirty canal water but I guess it refers to a more romantic view of canals as in Venice. Also, shouldn't Aqueduct increase appeal as well? It seems like the odd one out of the green districts.
Yeah, I didn't get that part either. The Wiki and Civilopedia say so, though, and I can't really dispute it in terms of game mechanics.

Mines and IZs reduce appeal too so itd be a good idea to not chop woods on hills if you're worried about appeal. It used to be kind of a no brainer to chop on hills. Old growth forests add appeal too so another reason to avoid chopping. Focus on getting production from lumber mills and put farms or UIs on hills rather than mines.

I kind of get the canal thing. The Sault locks in Sault St Marie are kind of an attraction in the upper peninsula. Something people will just want to see whenever in the area. I think the devs were just thinking anything water oriented is attractive to people which can be true if the water isn't nasty.

Top Bottom