How to increase the limit on AI players per map

ewan900

Chieftain
Civ 6 has a pretty annoying limit on the number of AI players on a map. One of my favourite things to do in 5 was to have a small map with a huge number of players, turning the game into an absolute clusterfudg from turn 1.

Anyone know how to increase the limit? So far I have tried increasing the default players on maps.xml in assets>gameplay>data but to no use.

Thanks.

Civ 6 has a pretty annoying limit on the number of AI players on a map. One of my favourite things to do in 5 was to have a small map with a huge number of players, turning the game into an absolute clusterfudg from turn 1.

Anyone know how to increase the limit? So far I have tried increasing the default players on maps.xml in assets>gameplay>data but to no use.

Thanks.
From what I can tell advanced settings. I understand that's basic but I'm sure there are mods that support more ai

You can just go to Advanced Settings. If you select a small map, there's standard 6 AI. You can then simply press "Add AI Player" until there's 20 on that map and then you're in for a nice, crowded game.

Or you can go all the way and do Tiny with 20 civs, but that's gonna be real crowded. I'm not certain if everyone can even found a city then...

From what I can tell advanced settings. I understand that's basic but I'm sure there are mods that support more ai

You can just go to Advanced Settings. If you select a small map, there's standard 6 AI. You can then simply press "Add AI Player" until there's 20 on that map and then you're in for a nice, crowded game.

Or you can go all the way and do Tiny with 20 civs, but that's gonna be real crowded. I'm not certain if everyone can even found a city then...

Sorry should've made this more clear, when I try to add more AI players in advanced settings the option to add more disappears once I hit the 'limit'. It seems my version is probably bugged.

Sorry should've made this more clear, when I try to add more AI players in advanced settings the option to add more disappears once I hit the 'limit'. It seems my version is probably bugged.

Are you scrolling down? You have to scroll down to add more players.

There is indeed a limit of 20. You're not gonna be able to fit more than than on a map though, probably.

Are you scrolling down? You have to scroll down to add more players.

There is indeed a limit of 20. You're not gonna be able to fit more than than on a map though, probably.

Here is an image showing what I mean. After I add a certain number of civs, the option to add more disappears. This is dependent on the size of the map.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 5,013
You can add more civs if you subscribe to the YNAMP mod on Steam - I think up to 50 on the same map.

The YNAMP mod increased the limit of civlization number berfore. However, suddenly it does not work on TSL europe map today. Is there some way to increase the limit? I have tried to choose other map and change back to TSL europe but the player was cut when map is changed.

Thanks, but these mods doesn't work on TSL europe.
It is weird only TSL europe and europe have caps of civilization number after installing mods.
East Asia and TSL east asia do not have caps.

After trying to disable gathering storm DLC, it seems that recent update of GS cause the cap. If we disable GS and use Rise and Fall only the cap of TSL europe is removed by any mod mentioned in this thread. Hope theres is a simple way to get around the cap.

Last edited:
You can add more civs if you subscribe to the YNAMP mod on Steam - I think up to 50 on the same map.

Up to 61 total, including the player and city-states. Maybe 60 now with free cities? You will know if you go over the cap, game will crash on load.

If you turn off barbs, you can get one more. @Ferocitus knows I'm sure.

Top Bottom