1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

how to INSTALL (not play!!) on XP!!

Discussion in 'Alpha Centauri' started by patciv, Nov 8, 2004.

1. patciv

patciv Chieftain

Hello,
    Everybody keeps asking how to play AC on Windows XP....(i've read about the patch but i can't even INSTALL it first!

Here's what i get:

16 bit windows subsystem

c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt. The systemfile is not suitable for running MS-dos and microsoft Windows applications. Choose "close" to terminate the application (close or ignore are the options...nothing happens, just back to the desktop)

i have xp pro + sp1

Help appreciated in advance!

2. The Person

The Person Deity +2

Funny. I never got that message, even though I used XP with SP1 when I installed it. I've gotten that message with some other games, but not SMAC.

EDIT: Try to ask what to do when you get that message in the Computer Talk forum. That message isn't just for SMAC, as I've already pointed out.

3. spycatcher34

spycatcher34 Emperor

Try running it in compatiblity mode.
    You could always just copy the entire contens of the CD to your harddrive as it may have somthing to do with that.