1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

How to install Rhyes Civilization for civ3?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Macintosh' started by shivan, Sep 29, 2011.

1. shivan

shivan Chieftain

Hello there.
    Im not usre how many people still watch these forums.

But ill get it a shot. I played Rhyes Civilization mod for Civ3 a few years back and I thought it was super!

Now I have a mac and got my hands on Civ3 for mac. (I have lion, newst macbook air)

I downloaded the mod and ran the .exe on my spare PC and extracted the files.
    But im really not sure how to install the mod. I just have one folder named "Conquests" but im not sure where to put it.

I tried to mess around with it a bit but I keep getting an error at 30% saying that there is an entry missing with the statue of liberty.

Help anyone?

Peace!

2. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

I haven't looked at it for a while, but last time I tested it I copied the "Rhye's of Civilization" folder (and the 'X' and 'XF' versions) into ~/Documents/Civilization 3 Complete/Scenarios/ along with the
    Rhyes.biq and a couple of other Rhye's .biq files. I've just loaded it up in Snow Leopard. It says it's v1.23, which I think is the latest, and it started a game as Israel with no problem

I have no idea whether it will all run in Lion. But I can't imagine why not. Of course, you do need the Rev B patch to make Civ3 Complete a Universal Binary. PowerPC code is dead now that Lion doesn't include Rosetta.

3. shivan

shivan Chieftain

The unmodded game does run in Lion. But only in windowed mode though.

So im supposed to put the Rhye files in the documents folder and not the game folder? (In applications)
    I havnt had mac since i was 7 years old and just came back it so the learning curve is a bit steep for me!

4. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

It may well work in the /Applications/ path, but I have only tried it in ~/Documents/ and I know it works there.

I think Aspyr consider the /Applications/Civ 3/ folder to be their space, and user-installed mods should go in the ~/Documents/ path.

If you want to try it in /Applications/, then you need to put the folders and the biq files in the following folder:

/Applications/Civ III Complete/Conquests Game Data/Scenarios/

5. shivan

shivan Chieftain

That fixed the problem!

Ive been messing around with all the folder, but once copied to that one it worked like a charm. (started the game, dont know if ill get missing stuff later on though)

Thanks a million!