How to installing this mapscript ?

Lachlan

Great Builder of Civs !
How to install PerfectWorld3 mapscript for Mac Civ5 ?

This mapscript made by Cephalo...

This mapscript was already famous for Civ 4...

1. Download the file from here

2. Expand it. I used Ez7z. This creates two files: PerfectWorld 3 (v 2).modinfo and PerfectWorld3.lua

3. Put the two expanded files in a new PerfectWorld folder in ~/Documents/Aspyr/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS/

4. If you have not already done so, modify your Civ5 software to enable the Mods menu option ... Use TextEdit or another plain text editor to change the following file:
~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/sid meier's civilization v/assets/UI/FrontEnd/MainMenu.lua

4. See this thread for current file path details.

Find this line:
Code:
Controls.ModsButton:SetHide( true ); -- MAC_PORT - rickb Comment this line out to re-enable mods. Happy modding!
and insert '--' at the beginning of the line to comment it out.

It will then look like:

Code:
--   Controls.ModsButton:SetHide( true ); -- MAC_PORT - rickb Comment this line out to re-enable mods. Happy modding!
Save the edited file.

5. Launch Civ5 and select MODS in the main menu, and then Browse. You should see PerfectWorld 3 (v 2) in the mods list. Enable it by clicking in the circle to add a green tick. Click Back

6. Select SINGLE PLAYER -> SET UP GAME. In Map Type you should be able to select Perfect World.

Nice but i found that a few complicated...

Any chance to MOD menu to appears in a next patch ?

Not done, waiting for further reacting of others people...

I have a question for step 4 : Where i add the needed characters for enabling MOD menu ?

Can you give an example ?

Nice but i found that a few complicated...

Any chance to MOD menu to appears in a next patch ?
Possibly. But why wait? It's easy to change it yourself, and rickb has included his personal invitation in the file.

Not done, waiting for further reacting of others people...

I have a question for step 4 : Where i add the needed characters for enabling MOD menu ?

Can you give an example ?

I have added a few lines in my post above to show what the edited line looks like.

Possibly. But why wait? It's easy to change it yourself, and rickb has included his personal invitation in the file.

I have added a few lines in my post above to show what the edited line looks like.

Just done it, thank you very much AlanH :goodjob:

I will try the mapscript in a few seconds...

Does it work with scenarios ?

EDIT : PerfectWorld3 work perfectly !

Thank you very much again !

I will try StandardEarth of Smellymummy...

When i downloaded the mod I didn't get the lua file. Just the mod file. I tried a few times. Only the uncompressed mod file. Can someone post the lua file?

If you get a mod file for Civ 5, it would be very simple : have you a tool like Stuffit Expander ? Unpack with this type of tools and you will get a folder with two files...

I spoken for mapscript, for mods it's different : it's more than two files in the folder...

For Rhyes Earth Map for Civ 5, just drop into Maps folder

So you are telling me that perfectworld_3__v_2.civ5mod is a compress file?

I'll have to get stuffit then. Cause none of the software I have even see it.

Yes, all .civ5mod files are 7z compressed. Since it doesn't have the 7z file name extension, the OS doesn't know which software to use, so you have to use Open with ....

I don't know if Stuffit handles it, but I gave a link to Ez7z in my post above that does. It's free.

The only file I got from your link was:

Total Mod (ALPHA) (v 7)

There was not a PerfectWorld 3 (v 2).modinfo or PerfectWorld3.lua in the compressed file.

Sorry, but what does it mean to "comment" something out? Also, I tried this but I couldn't get it to work. My file looks like -- Controls. ModsButton:SetHide( true ); --MAC_PORT - rickb --. What am I missing?

Sorry, but what does it mean to "comment" something out? Also, I tried this but I couldn't get it to work. My file looks like -- Controls. ModsButton:SetHide( true ); --MAC_PORT - rickb --. What am I missing?

You have to be old to know what that means. :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist. As I recall (I AM old) it means marking a line or section in a program so it doesn't execute (i.e. making it a "comment"). Comments can also be notes inserted to help someone reading the code understand what's going on. Here it's being used as a switch. Someone else will have to tell you the correct syntax to use in this case.

You have to be old to know what that means.
That might apply to you, and it certainly applies to me, but I doubt if rickb is very old, and he wrote the instruction.

@Mr. Sulu: Have you read post #2 above? That gives very basic step by step instructions on how to find and modify the file. If your file *really* looks like the text you have posted, then it should work.

So potentially stupid question - is there a way for us to get Mods from the Steam Workshop, which appears to be where everyone is putting the new Gods and Kings stuff - or are we limited solely to what is uploaded here, something that it looks like isn't being pursued so much anymore.

As stated elsewhere - the answers to your questions are No and Yes respectively.

You can only get mods from the Workshop if you use a Windows version of Civ5 to download them. Once they are downloaded in Windows, you can copy them to the Mac version and run them there.

Hi all,

Having issues with the instructions early on! Any help much appreciated.

4. If you have not already done so, modify your Civ5 software to enable the Mods menu option ... Use TextEdit or another plain text editor to change the following file:
~/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/sid meier's civilization v/assets/UI/FrontEnd/MainMenu.lua

I do not have this file, or its containing folders. I have tried making hidden folders visible, and using the search function to look for both folder and file, to no avail.

I'm running Civ V through Steam.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT - Question answered on another thread - http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=11583683#post11583683

Top Bottom