How to interpret logs in terms of desyncs?

Erwiin

Chieftain
Hello, guys, it is my first post right here.

Is there any guide on how to interpret logs in terms of desyncs? I was playing with my friend and AI on a huge map without barbarians and with a low amount of city-states. Now the game is unplayable as sometimes it goes to loading screen and freezes every 20-50 turns as the game goes further.
There is no issue at a single player game. I am using multiplayer compatible version. Should the highest beta version of multiplayer compatible mod pack solve the problem or cause even more issues?

Meanwhile my friend is at work (I am on holidays yayy!) I can't test it out, I would perform huge workaround if I could simulate another player on my game but unfortunately, I have only one computer.

#EDIT: Logs from database in a post bellow

Kind regards.
Erwin

Last edited:
Logs from database.log

Attachments

• Database.txt
    14.2 KB · Views: 98
Database.txt is useless to debug desync. It's only populated when loading.
Have you enabled network logging?
But even with network logging, it's a very difficult task to see if something is going wrong. Even harder/impossible to see what is causing the desync.
Unfortunately, the net code isn't moddable, so nobody can debug this part.

some advice: try with a better connexion between you two (and without wifi). Have your computers enough computing power? Disable auto-saves (they often doesn't work, anyway).

note: Do you play with chinese language?

Hello Merill,
First and foremost thank you for a reply.
I did not enable network logging manually, what is the name of network log's file?

We are using an inner network, not a tunngle or vpn, we are just on the same network. Computers have enough power, but I did not disable auto-saves, it may be an issue and I also noticed that they just do not work.

I am playing the English version.

Last edited:
Top Bottom