How to Keep France from Invading me Early in Game

Speedbird 48

Chieftain
Because of the way the Maginot line in game is designed, it gives France an unfair offensive advantage that they didn't have in real life. With alt history off, you cannot counter by invading Belgium and The Netherlands, and instead not only have to fight their offensive, but also are forced to fight on the Maginot line.

I'm pretty sure the french did have a strong defensive advantage, not entirely though. Everything takes longer but use specific units for specific things. For instance the high lvl city on the border you're talking about will destroy your units if you attack into it, instead build some Howitzer guns and take it down slowly but steadily

Just build some infantries and make them fortify along the Maginot line in the forest/hill, the AI is so weak that it's almost impossible for them to break down the line.

What I want to point out is take care of the stupid Italy. They may had signed a open border with the France that the France have a chance to attack Munich from Italy! Remember to put a guard there!

Top Bottom