How to load a save containing an incompatible mod?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by stebobibo, Jun 6, 2021.

1. stebobibo

stebobibo Chieftain

I have an old save file that I wanted to finish. However, it contains an "incompatible" mod. That is, the title of the mod (in this case Hellblazers Maps Packs) is in red (in saves and mod menu) and in the mod menu it says "This mod has not marked itself as compatible with the current version"? Any way to be able to load this save file? I tried disabling expansions and dlc that is newer than the save, but that didn't work. Your help is much appreciated!

2. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

This is just a modder set flag in the modinfo that will alert the user whether the mod has been updated to run on the expansions. Afaik, Hellblazer isn't modding anymore, however that mod may still technically work. Did you at least try and load the save with the mod enabled? Or, is it not allowing you when you try?

3. stebobibo

stebobibo Chieftain

Yes, I've tried and it doesn't work. The button for "load game" is always greyed out for that file, no matter what mods I have enabled. On the other hand, for all other save files, the load button is always clickable, regardless of which mods are enabled, so it at least lets you try to load it. Oh, and this isn't specific to the hellblazers mod, I get the same problem with other "incompatible" mods. Thanks again.

4. Aristos

Aristos Lightseeker

I don't remember exactly the precise steps, but it was something like this: you enable Firetuner, run it before starting civ, and when you reach the load page with the disabled load button, you go into Firetuner and look for the LUA context of that loading page, and in the window or command line for that LUA context, you write:

Controls.ActionButton:SetDisabled(false)

and that enables the LOAD button. Worth the try and you should get it working.

uhu likes this.
  5. stebobibo

stebobibo Chieftain

Hi Aristos and thanks for the reply! I'll try then when I'm on next and let you know if it works