1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

How to make a guerilla unit?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by VeteranLurker, Dec 8, 2008.

1. VeteranLurker

VeteranLurker Chieftain

I posted this in the Creation and Customization forum, but haven't had any responses yet. Perhaps this is a better place for it, since I am working on a mod of RTW...

2. VeteranLurker

VeteranLurker Chieftain

My next attempt has been to make the guerilla unit invisible, still with hidden-nationality and always-hostile (just like privateers). But now I am adding a secret police unit to counter it, which has comparable combat strength and promotions but also has the ability to see invisible units. I was going to add the secret police anyway, as a means of removing rival ideologies (religions) from one's cities, but this expands their usefullness; they will also be a low-cost city-defense and crowd-control unit.

Not a perfect solution for the guerilla/partisan, but now it might be playable. Thoughts?