1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] How to Make Custom Maps in Civilization VI (Video)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by bite, Apr 30, 2019.

1. bite

bite Unoffical Civilization Geographer Moderator

2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Kjimmet and comatosedragon like this.
  3. bite

bite Unoffical Civilization Geographer Moderator

welp that is too early in the day for me

4. Sprenk

Sprenk Prince

Looks like there's still not an option to set starting points for the civs. Until they do that, I doubt I'll be using the World Builder. Maybe it's one of the "advanced options" they are still working on? :)

5. bbufa

bbufa Warlord

^ Yes, placing start location is an advanced function. And even the river flooding is not working atm.

6. Vandlys

Vandlys Prince

I've tried to use the world builder quite a few times, exactly how it's instructed in the video, but often to no avail.

Map names wouldn't show in the main menu, or have a weird name. Maps wouldn't load and the game would crash. Yes, I'm using mods, but I switch them off when world building, and playing custom maps. Still no luck though.

Not to mention the countless of times I could
    a) not place a wonder for "unknown reasons" (I even placed Great Barrier exactly like shown, but no luck)
    b) place a wonder but it wouldn't show in the game
    c) could place a wonder but ingame nothing but the name would show. I couldn't walk over the tile, I couldn't build there, I did get the wonder label, but not the yields.

7. Zyxpsilon

Zyxpsilon Running Spider

@Sprenk .. I guess tuning into Twitch for the latest Video feedback/demo shortly in 1.5 hours should inform us all about WHAT we can rationally expect .. soon rather than somewhat later in terms of weeks or months.
    I could finally try out a few crazy ideas with custom Greenland & Antarctica concepts (remakes of something done for Civ3).

8. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

The livestream is starting.

9. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Was able to catch just a few minutes, not terribly exciting and nothing new I noticed so far, but they are answering questions from the chat.

10. Rajendran_P

Rajendran_P Chieftain

Hope that the first official release of WorldBuilder (Basic Mode) will enable creation of larger maps....similar in size to YnAMP Maps.

Ferocitus likes this.
  11. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

I think you will be disappointed, but I'll watch the full vid to see what the maximum size can be.
    I think Sukritact mentioned in another thread that there are still problems with very large maps.

12. Gedemon

Gedemon Modder Moderator

Has anyone asked if they were aware of those new issues on the larger maps since the GS patch ?