How to make different bonuses for kiling barbarian encampment ?

Golehm

Chieftain
Always gold for killing barbarian encampment is a little boring. Is it possible to edit xml to change that ? I can't find. It is no so simple as with goody huts.

Okay so I looked into it and the trait TRAIT_BARBARIAN_CAMP_GOODY is what gives that ability and it is a part of the TRAIT_CIVILIZATION_FIRST_CIVILIZATION given to Sumeria. So if you really wanted you could probably:

INSERT INTO TraitModifiers (TraitType, ModifierId) VALUES
('TRAIT_LEADER_MAJOR_CIV', 'TRAIT_BARBARIAN_CAMP_GOODY');

Sorry, I no longer think in terms of XML, but doing this in a .sql will have the same exact effect.

Actually, I think you can just change the Improvements.xml

Here's the entry for the Goody Hut:
<Row ImprovementType="IMPROVEMENT_GOODY_HUT" Name="LOC_IMPROVEMENT_GOODY_HUT_NAME" Description="LOC_IMPROVEMENT_GOODY_HUT_DESCRIPTION" Icon="ICON_IMPROVEMENT_GOODY_HUT" PlunderType="NO_PLUNDER" RemoveOnEntry="true" Goody="True" TilesPerGoody="128" GoodyRange="3"/>

So I think you can add the Goody-related code at the end to the Barbarian Camp entry.

Good point, but I think you could probably just add the Goody boolean to the barbarian camp.
UPDATE Improvements SET Goody = 1 WHERE ImprovementType = 'IMPROVEMENT_BARBARIAN_CAMP';
Put that in a .SQL file and into a mod folder and you are good to go.

Thank you for your help. So in this case I'll have for every civilization goody hut reward for clearing camp, and Sumeria will also have a second one from it's epic quest ?
I'll try define my own goody hut named MyGoody (gold,or civic boost,tech boost,faith,exp) and put it in UPDATE Improvements SET MyGoody = 1 WHERE ImprovementType = 'IMPROVEMENT_BARBARIAN_CAMP';
and that works I'll have what I wanted simpler version of Sumer's epic quest for every civ.

My apologies for the misunderstanding, the Goody setting is actually a column in the table, so all you are doing is changing the field to be enabled. To change it would mean adding a column, and that would mean the game probably wouldn't know what to do with it, so it wouldn't do anything.

I was a bit busy, so only recently I tried simple:
<Gameinfo>
<Improvements>
<Update>
<Where ImprovementType="IMPROVEMENT_BARBARIAN_CAMP"/>
<Set DispersalGold="0" Goody="True"/>
</Update>
</Gameinfo>
The are two problems with this:
1. Notifications like for goody huts when finding barbarian camp.
2. If CS unit kills camp units and enters, camp doesn't dissapear.

Top Bottom