How to Make the Game Far More Fun & Interesting

Artists originally gave 2 culture and 1 health, I believe (before the patch). I suspect when they removed the health, they felt they had to give another strong ability to replace the strong one they removed.

Yeah, count me as also of the opinion that artists providing +2 culture per city would have been plenty strong on its own.

Besides artists, which colonist types do people think are strongest?

Yeah, count me as also of the opinion that artists providing +2 culture per city would have been plenty strong on its own.

Besides artists, which colonist types do people think are strongest?

I go with Artists almost every game, but I have tried a few with Engineers and one with Aristocrats. I think if you go Supremacy and get Biowells/Academies up early, then Aristocrats can nicely cover any energy shortfalls in the first 100 turns or so. At least, that was my experience.

Still have no desire to pick Refugees or Scientists, but I suppose I will eventually...

I can certainly see a good use for Engineers now that you can't use trade routes to kick start new cities any more.

I really like Artists. I played a game as Brasilia where I got one Supremacy level from a progenitor ruin - marines before I was even done building an Old Earth Relic - and used Might to get a free level 2 and another level through teching with the 20% bonus Might also gives you. Level 3, free roads before first outpost. Just got better from there.

Top Bottom