How to Make Traits

SlySlySly

Warlord
I'm specifically looking for a modifier to boost science in general, and amenities for all cities

Looking through the base game modifiers/effects, there are none for just increasing amenities for a city. Depending on what you want, then there are some pretty easy ways to work around this. First, you could just have the City Center gain +2 Amenities from Entertainment (like the Entertainment Complex does), just updating the base City Center would give +2 Amenities to all cities for all players. If you want to give it to a particular civ/leader, you could probably make a clone of the city center as a unique district, except that it just has the +2 Amenities. Alternately, you could make a modifier that grants a dummy building that provides +2 Amenities. You can find some stuff on dummy buildings in the forums somewhere I'm sure. And what do you mean 'science in general'?

I'm not sure that can be done. The closest you may be able to get would be a modifier that invokes EFFECT_ADJUST_OWNED_LUXURY_EXTRA_AMENITIES for everyone. I think that's the one that gives you N luxuries that are good for 6 cities each, that 6 apparently being fixed.

AFAIK we're limited to the EFFECT's that the game comes with, that the mechanics of those aren't exposed. I think that's the closest to what you want.

Looking through the base game modifiers/effects, there are none for just increasing amenities for a city. Depending on what you want, then there are some pretty easy ways to work around this. First, you could just have the City Center gain +2 Amenities from Entertainment (like the Entertainment Complex does), just updating the base City Center would give +2 Amenities to all cities for all players. If you want to give it to a particular civ/leader, you could probably make a clone of the city center as a unique district, except that it just has the +2 Amenities. Alternately, you could make a modifier that grants a dummy building that provides +2 Amenities. You can find some stuff on dummy buildings in the forums somewhere I'm sure. And what do you mean 'science in general'?
Thanks, I think I may make a dummy building in the city center. The science part was fixed, I have a unique building for that. But, is there a way to make trade routes give extra science?

There's a policy that adds +2 Gold to all trade routes (and a few others that do similar things), look at what modifiers those use. If you can't figure it out, lemme know and I'll take the time to help you out more, busy ATM.

There's a policy that adds +2 Gold to all trade routes (and a few others that do similar things), look at what modifiers those use. If you can't figure it out, lemme know and I'll take the time to help you out more, busy ATM.
Does this seem like it will work?

<LeaderTraits>
<Row LeaderType="LEADER_AKANE" TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_KAGAKU"/>
</LeaderTraits>

<Traits>
<Row Description="LOC_TRAIT_LEADER_KAGAKU_DESCRIPTION"
Name="LOC_TRAIT_LEADER_KAGAKU_NAME" TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_KAGAKU"/>
</Traits>

<TraitModifiers>
<Row ModifierId="TRAIT_BOOST_SCIENCE" TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_KAGAKU"/>
<Row ModifierId="TRAIT_TRADE_SCIENCE" TraitType="TRAIT_LEADER_KAGAKU"/>
</TraitModifiers>

<Modifiers>
<Row>
<ModifierId>TRAIT_BOOST_SCIENCE</ModifierId>

<ModifierType>MODIFIER_PLAYER_CITIES_ADJUST_DISTRICT_PRODUCTION</ModifierType>
</Row>

<Row>
<ModifierId>TRAIT_TRADE_SCIENCE</ModifierId>

<ModifierType>MODIFIER_PLAYER_ADJUST_TRADE_ROUTE_YIELD</ModifierType>
</Row>
</Modifiers>

<ModifierArguments>
<Row>

<Name>DistrictType</Name>

<Value>DISTRICT_CAMPUS</Value>
</Row>

<Row>

<Name>Amount</Name>

<Value>150</Value>
</Row>

<Row>

<Name>YieldType</Name>

<Value>YIELD_SCIENCE</Value>
</Row>

<Row>

<Name>Amount</Name>

<Value>2</Value>
</Row>
</ModifierArguments>

You can't adapt +Gold effects to Amenity yield, because Amenities are not defined in the game as a yield.
No, that was for the science bonuses for trade routes.

Does this seem like it will work?
It's deceptively simple, but I see nothing wrong with it, as long as your leader is defined, etc. Be sure to define your leader and the trait in the Kinds table!

Top Bottom