How to make unique wonder buildings

Bangra 7

The Port Of Call
So I found a couple of buildings from civ 4, that I'm gonna convert to civ 5 format for my new personal MOD. But now, I've got a quick question:

How do I go about converting the buildings correctly, and then how do I make them unique wonders for my civilization?

For a little background, I found eight models from here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=24839 , and plan on using them in my MOD as unique wonders for my civilization.

These unique buildings will only be used by that nation, so I need help setting up the correct files. Additionally information I considered, is that one can be built per city, and seven of the wonders can't be built in the capital city. Each wonder can be built upon learning construction, and the wonder that can be built in the capital, can be built upon learning chivalry.

Finally, I HAVE tried to create the wonders by converting from the Hagia Sophia model, and attaching the forts in its place. The latest Nexus Buddy I'm using, 2.32, doesn't let me add the finished Br2 files, and throws an exception each time I try to overwrite the Hagia Sophia file. Please, I need a bit of help here. The mod is almost done with this exception.

You seem to be talking about two different issues:

1. XML needed to add a building/wonder into the game's database
2. Main Map 3d Models

#1:
  • see here, as this came up in a recent discussion.
  • Adding a wonder or a building to the game has nothing to do with 3d map models. None of us generally bother with trying as the way the game uses building models within a city-animation is still a bit of a mystery given that Firaxis has never allowed access to the graphics engine code.
  • Are you sure you are not talking about a terrain improvement, like a lumber mill ?
    • If you really are talking about a terrain improvement instead of a city building, you still need xml to register the terrain improvement with the game's database, which is still a second and seperate issue from the main map 3d models needed. There are quite a few new-civ mods that have added new terrain improvement models to the game. Also I think Bouncymischa's Future Worlds does this as well. Unfortunately once the conversation drifts into artwork (2d or 3d) I am not the mod-maker you are looking for in terms of being able to answer any specific questions.
#2:
  • Essentially, see response wrt #1

Thanks, I have checked out the thread you sent me, and used it as a guidance to start off. I guess I'll have to make each fort into a terrain improvement, if I can't get it to work as a city improvement. :/

Top Bottom