How to make unit cost >1000

joshuac717

Chieftain
I am mid game and realized that a unit in the mod is overpowered and cheap. How do I correct it. Others have been changed to above the normal max limit. If I click to change it, I cannot click out until it has been adjusted to less than the max limit.

You can change the preset limitations of the Firaxis C3C editors by using the wonderful Quintillus editor.

Per example, if you want to change the construction costs of a battleship of the Iowa class in my mod from 600 shields to 2000 (or even higher) you will receive a warning in red writing, that at present with the currently set safety level of that editor such a setting is not possible.

In the 'options registry' of that editor you can change the safety level of that editor for units from 'Firaxis' to (at least) 'Exploratory' and now such a setting is possible in the biq you are modding. :) As you can see, such a change of the safety level can be done for a lot of other settings in the editor, too.

Of course you do this on your own risk and you should carefully read the explanations about the safety levels in that editor.

And a general warning about changing costs for units you are thinking they are much too cheap: In well-thought out mods and scenarios such settings are frequently necessairy to convince the AI to build these units (especially ships and to a lesser degree aircraft) or that such an unit appears in the proper time in the game and not when it is becoming obsolete due to its high construction time. If you rise the costs for those units drastically, it can happen, that the AI civs will not build such an unit in the game.

In those cases it is mostly better to set those units to be autoproduced by buildings.

and now t

Attachments

• Iowa1.jpg
    Iowa1.jpg
    295.8 KB · Views: 165
  • Iowa2.jpg
    Iowa2.jpg
    292.2 KB · Views: 147
  • Iowa3.jpg
    Iowa3.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 154
  • Iowa4.jpg
    Iowa4.jpg
    293.9 KB · Views: 146
Thank you so much for the quick and expert advice. Ive played... over 1000 hours or so but havent spent any time doing editing myself. Just exploring and enjoying others creations. This game is so wonderful and the mod community brings out infinite depth of play. So, this is the tetturkans test of time with cities scenario. Most of the modern big build items like battleships (10,000ish) and jetfighters (2280)are all set to be very expensive. However the modern armor (560) is only a little more than the old armor (150)and is far overpowered to any other ground unit including mech inf. (280). I worry about them being mass produced and then ground warfare becomes only columns of tanks. I do not enjoy when warfare just becomes who can produce the most of one unit/a single unit arms race. In the past it's what this scenario has become st the end of the modern era. So I was going to bring it up to 1500 or 2000 for modern armor. I think this better reflects real world cost of production and availability compared with the other high value units in the game. I will get the new civeditor.

Which brings me to my second question. Is it possible to edit a game that is already running? How can i make an edit effect a Sav. File? Or can I only use this for the next game I start in this scenario?

Top Bottom