[NFP] How to make YNAMP city state selection work with barbarian clans mode?

Locutus494

Chieftain
Ever since the launch of the barbarian clans mode, I have only ever got one game where the barbarian camps actually grow into city-states. I often play with specific city-states selected, but this always results in barbarian camp growth being disabled. I also use YNAMP, and it adds another option on the game setup screen for "CS Selection Usage", which tells the game how to use the city-state list you select (make it a white-list, black-list, start with that list then add more, etc). I can't figure out how to set these options to get my desired result, which is: pick the city-states that start the game, but still allow barbarian camps to grow into additional city-states that I did not choose. Can anyone help me here?

Also posting this on r/civ.

for barbarian camps to grow into city states , the city states already in the game first need to be destroyed/conquered . after this event the growth will start. are you sure you enabled enough city states ( white listed ) , more than the actual number in the game ?

Lower the number of AI opponents and/or CS you start with. If I'm playing a huge map, for instance, I will have 12 civs, but drop the number of CS down to something like 5. That way, it's possible to get the inspiration for Political Philosophy, but still have barbs becoming "civilized" later.

are you sure you enabled enough city states ( white listed ) , more than the actual number in the game ?
pick the city-states that start the game, but still allow barbarian camps to grow into additional city-states that I did not choose.

I'm afraid that if you don't pick up in your selection list more CS than there is at start, it's normal that barbs camps can't turn into any CS.
Just add more CS in your list.

I distaste barbarian clan modes...they make the game really slow on the Nintendo Switch. It's a neat concept and, if better implemented, (my barbarian clan mod games spawn way to many CS) I would like to see it ir return in CIV VII.

I leave all the CS enabled using that script. I have CS I *prefer* to be in, but...

I like Auckland for the production bonus, sometimes it's a default, other times, a barb camp has to evolve.

current game, Auckland is 42 in the list. I've popped up to 38... 4 more to go.

Best I can say is start the game, use Firetuner to see what CS are in (don't have to open the map, just see the civ list),
and restart if your favs are too far down)

What I wanna know, is how come you occasionally get a barb camp that spawns a DESTROYER in the ancient era??
(I've had "Oh CRAP" moments with that one)
(ok, it's fun to buy one of those, just with no oil, you cannot repair it until promotion time)
(or have firetuner give you a buncha oil, or manually repair)

Top Bottom