1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

How to not immediately die as Mongolia? (Mongolia 1.16 Regent/Epic)

Discussion in 'Gameplay Guides' started by Gritzeldrei, Nov 7, 2020.

1. Gritzeldrei

Gritzeldrei Warlord

While I waited for an answer from the Mayan guide, I played the Mongolians. They're pretty fun actually! The three UHV's are actually pretty easy to get if you know what your doing (Despotism and spam Keshiks and Mangudais hehe).

My only problem is trying to not collapse as the Mongolians. The overextension is killing me. I lacked 3 more cities to achieve UHV 3 when my whole civilization collapsed. Pretty sad really.

I tried whipping my Chinese subjects for those extra Keshiks and Mangudai but it does not even lower the overextension limit. What should I do?

2. rmontaruli

rmontaruli Prince

The overextension kills everybody in almost every game of conquest.
    Mongols, Persians, Arabs, Romans...
    If your goal is to expand, you must deal with overextension...
    Not easy.

3. DanLT3

DanLT3 Warlord

Its been mentioned before, but nurse your core cities (make room for them to grow and prioritize the workers to work here), limit growth in cities outside core (like in China). Advance to a new age, as that will give a new multiplier to stability based on your core population.
    As Mongolia all this is especially important.

Kott and Gritzeldrei like this.