How to organize your military

Pro2A

Chieftain
I'm in a bit of a pickle here. I am playing Spain right now and my empire is sorta shaped like an upside down T. I had a war with William and took his empire early on, he was to the north of me. North west of me is England who I'm OK with. We aren't peaches and cream, but we don't hate each other. There is still an open 5-10 tile length between us. I had a lot of my military up north after my war with the Netherlands. I sorta spread them out thinly to the south and center and kept the bulk up north. Ethiopia shared a border with me to the south and decided to declare war on me for whatever reason. The rest of the game they were quiet and didn't bug me really. We had a few trades here and there, so they didn't worry me.

I had to scramble my military from the north while he put a hurting on my thin defenses to the south. After he took a city and did some damage to some improvements, I managed to get the bulk of my military down and push him back into his territory to end the war. So now all my military is down south, less a few units up north. If I split my forces evenly I'm afraid I'll get attacked again. England worries me, so I want forces up north. Too many units and I start loosing gold. If I spread them out all over the place, I have to mobilize quickly and risk loosing another city. Ethiopia has a large military, so half of my units won't hold him back, all of them can. I don't want to keep them all down south because of England.

So my question is, what is the best way to station your units in this scenario? What is the best way to station your units period?

So my question is, what is the best way to station your units in this scenario? What is the best way to station your units period?

If I found myself facing that many opponents, I would have started stationing my troops in the enemy capitols.;)

Top Bottom