How to play as India in v1.14? :confused:

windman

Chieftain
I am wondering anyone has played as India in v1.14? To me the second UHV becomes harder due to frequent unsuccessful religion spreads and sudden disappearance of minor religions. I ended up 16/20 Temples, with two disappeared when the religions left the cities.

Any strategies to play as India?

In previous versions I controlled at least 11 cities, cause I count only on Hinduism and Buddhism.

Have you tried building the Khajuraho? I don't know if its effects has changed in v1.14, but, in v1.13, it speeds up the construction of temples of your state religion.

If that fails and you see Persia and/or China collapse, capture some of their cities and whip temples there. You're not limited to Hindu/Buddhist temples. You can give those cities to Khmer/Japan/Arabia once you're done with the second UHV (if you think you can achieve the third UHV without those cities).

Thanks for the suggestion! I've made it!

Basically, for the 2nd UHV,
1. Wideness. India needs to be wide enough (12+ cities), since Buddhism cannot be spread to certain cities (I tried like three times or so and failed). So plan ahead for all these settlers.
2. Dual religions. Only focus on Hinduism and Buddhism. Do not build temple for minor religions. They may leave your cities at some time!
3. Khajuraho! This is really helpful to build a temple of your state religion. My path is firstly Hinduism, then convert to Buddhism.
4. Whip and whip. Since India has low production, you may need to live with Slavery for a long time until you get 2nd UHV.
5. Islam. Founding Islam may help you to build one or two extra temples on time. If there happens to be a GP, Islam Shrine would help it spread to some of cities for free!

Congratulations on your victory windman. Sounds like you had good fun. What speed and difficulty did you play on?

Thanks. I'll keep those settings in mind for a good fun game, exploring the new minor religion parts of the new iteration (1.14) of the mod, when playing india (although you do recommend to avoid them like the plague when you want to complete an UHV)

Top Bottom