1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

How to play Civ 6 on LG TV with steam

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Technical Support' started by therealmadbone, Jul 22, 2020.

1. therealmadbone

therealmadbone Chieftain

Hi,

Hope someone can help me. I am returning to Civ after playing all the way back from Civ1, and would really like to dive into Civ 6, but if possible on my LG TV instead of my laptop.

As far as I can tell there is the Steam Link app but that is not available for LG. I have a chromecast as well, but to my knowledge I can only cast from Chrome.

So I wondered if it is possible someway to play like I want ? Can anyone help me out on what to do if at all possible ?

On a side note I can see that the Steam controller has been discontinued, is there a controller that can be recommended ? I have seen the Microsoft Elite series 2 controller, but not sure if it will be good for Civ.

Thanks a lot, any help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
  2. Janskey

Janskey Prince

Is there a reason you can't just connect the laptop directly to the TV via cable (DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, or if you have antique devices, VGA)? If you're using a controller anyways, it doesn't matter if the laptop is sitting next to the TV. If you'd rather keep the laptop next to you, there are longer cables (though there's different max cable length for different display technologies - google before buying). Generally speaking, you might get more specific replies, if you mentioned the gear you're trying to connect, e.g. LG OLED55CPLA or Dell XPS 7590.