How to play GOTM?

odbwu0c

Chieftain
I tried clicking on the link in the announcement page, but it wants to know what app to open the file with, and I don't know what to do from there. Thanks.

If on Windows with default settings, download the file to 'C:\Users\<you user name here>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Saves\Single' , start Civ 6 and load the game. That should be all.

Welcome to Game of the Month.

As Arthur said, you need to download the game save from the announcement and save it in your save game folder that he detailed. Best of luck in your game. :thumbsup:

If on Windows with default settings, download the file to 'C:\Users\<you user name here>\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Saves\Single' , start Civ 6 and load the game. That should be all.
:thanx:

I'm having some trouble. The game is crushing before it loads. Might be because I have all DLCs?

Please check the version number in the announcement and your install to see that you have the correct one installed.

The game should load with only the dlc's that were used to create the game. You must have all the dlc's used in the save and Rise and Fall expansion pack. We list what you need in the Announcement thread.

Are you using a MAC?

It seems like my version of the game is an old one. Any idea on how to update it? Nope, I'm not using a MAC.

I am sorry if it has already been discussed - but I couldn’t find any info about using mods. I use only some UI mods - is that ok for GOTM or should I turn them off for these games?

Top Bottom