Votes: 11 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Duke of Marlbrough

The Quiet Moderator
Retired Moderator
To post a poll, you start a new thread.

You type in your thread header and then your message body.

In the message body, be sure to contain any relivant information and any necessary or wanted links.

It is best to keep the Poll question neutral and direct.

Once you have the body of your post done, scroll down. Just above the 'Submit New Thread' button is the box to add a poll.

Click on the box to add a check mark to it. If needed, be sure to change the number of options that will be in your poll.

Then click on the 'Submit New Thread' button.

It will process your post and come up with a 'Post New Poll' screen.

You will type in the Poll question and can change the number of options if needed.

Then you fill in the Poll Options.

You can then select if your poll in a multiple choice poll and the number of days the poll is valid for.

You can then preview your poll if you want.

Once you are happy with your poll, click the 'Submit New Poll' button.

Your new thread and poll will then be created.

It will look something like this thread. :)

Notes:

A poll can not be added after a thread has already been made.
Only a Moderator for the forum can make changes to your poll after it is posted.

Additional Imformation on Posting Polls can be found in the FAQ here.

On Multi-Polls: When you create a New thread, you must remember to check "Post a Poll", and set the number of options to save you time.

On the poll options screen, you must remember 2 things: Check Multi-Poll if you want (recommended!) and the Duration. I usually set the duration to 2 or 3 days. I do these options first, before I get into the poll options.

One other thought. Too often, CFC is 'Server Busy'. For that reason, I generally draft my prose and poll options offline uning a text editor. This saves me much disappointment when there is a system problem. Further, I can review ideas that I had posted without waiting for the browser. This means I generally Select All, and CtrlC and CtrlV back and forth a few times.

Top Bottom