how to prevent AI cultural victory

kpi

Chieftain
Am playing on a huge map with 22 civilizations, i am ahead in science and smashing capitals left and right on my home continent, but there are a bunch of unknown civs elsewhere on the map one policy branch ahead of me.

What are the strategies to combat AI culture? should i just keep playing along and hope i can smash all the capitals or build a spaceship before they get to utopia? Can you be dominant in all three areas all at once?

Sneek atack their capital you're basicly then stopped them all their wonders mostly there

If you can't do that atack all their culture city state allies that usaly slows them drasticly down.. The AI can't win fast withouth those culture city states...

Or drop a nuke

Well, obvioulsy just take over their capitol.

Beyond that, World Wonders can make a difference. If you can deny Wonders to the culturalists, it should slow them down. Also take away thier CS allies, dont trade with them, etc etc.

Even on high difficulties, AI's aiming cultural rarely have a "strong" military. If you're rolling over others, you should have no trouble rolling them, provided you can reach them...

You could olso bride a other civ to dow them and dow them you're self they will put a lot of effort into making miliary instead of other things;

Can you be dominant in all three areas all at once?
Heck no! That's one thing V does better in IV, where it was possible to be both the most cultured and the most technologically advanced one.

Top Bottom