How to raze your own city?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zophixan

Chieftain
How can I raze one of my own cities? I haven't been able to work out how...

Why would you want to raze your own city, aside from exploiting culture plateaus

You CAN however set all your citizens to non-food jobs and that city'll fall in a dozen turns or so. It might however, reset your citizen's employment after each starved citizen, though, unfortunately.

You CAN however set all your citizens to non-food jobs and that city'll fall in a dozen turns or so. It might however, reset your citizen's employment after each starved citizen, though, unfortunately.

no. it will reduce to 1, the default food with no building/maritime city state in the center square.

Why would you want to raze your own city, aside from exploiting culture plateaus

i really hate this kind of awnsers to questions people ask.

It's so annoying that, if there is something that's hard to awnser, always somebody pops up and questions the initial question, instead of trying to find a solution.

You ultimately determined your spot was not ideal and would rather move it elsewhere. How would that not just be one of your first assumptions lol.

I will even give you an example. I put a city down near some marble for the wonder production bonus. Later as it developed I realized the surrounding resources were going to make production horrible even with the bonus, so I would rather get rid of the city altogether and find a more suitable location, because I didn't want *another* city.

To the OP, I agree you should be able to raze your own cities. Bad enough we can't raze capitals. Sometimes I just want to destroy and not add a crap city to my collection, and I don't want to trade it either because that can end up giving you a whole new host of diplomatic/expansion issues with your neighbors.

The way to raise your own city (that isn't your capital):

1. Build a nuclear missile, maybe two.
2. Launch it at your city (from another city)
3. Repeat step 2 if required.
4. Ta-Da! Your city is gone. Send in workers to clean up fallout.

I cannot imagine it would ever make sense except to game SPs or to cheat some temporary healing in for you units far from a front.

I cannot imagine it would ever make sense except to game SPs or to cheat some temporary healing in for you units far from a front.

You are India, which benefits from fewer cities. You have already settled some cities and want to spread out, but doing so would be detrimental to your civilization's :c5happy: happiness, so you need to :c5razing: raze one to :c5production: build a new one and keep :c5happy: happiness positive.
Never ridicule a person for asking questions the acquisition of :c5science: knowledge is :c5citizen: man-kind's ultimate goal.

The solution is to do it right the first time, or accept that you made an error and you'll get it right next time.

Game wise, razing your own city seems ripe for all sorts of exploitation.

Flavourwise, you're murdering your own citizens, and destroying their possessions. This is a terrible act when an invader does it, and to me would seem to be a worse one in this situation.

That's asking for a revolt, IMO.

Remember to inform us whenever you become mayer or even head of state or something, so we can move before you start razing your own cities:p.

If you really need to get rid of a city and don’t want to nuke, I’d say just gift it to another civilization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom