1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

How to remove old obsolete files from Download page?

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by haluu, Apr 29, 2017.

1. haluu

haluu Confused Troglodyte

Hi, I recently released a new version of my Civ 3 Fantasy Mod: Tides of Crimson. The new version is 1.6, so i want to remove the 1.5 patch from the downloads page, as it is now obsolete. But there seems to be no option to remove it. Do i need to ask an administrator to remove an obsolete file? Or is there a way to do it myself that I'm not aware of?

2. tjs282

tjs282 Halfhearted misanthrope

This is a really good question. Under VB, I seem to remember that not only could we see a running total for our various post-attachments (savegames, screenshots etc.) directly through our 'Personal details' page(s), but we could also delete that stuff ourselves, without having to trawl through our entire posting-history.

I don't see anything similar to that functionality in the new XenForo Account details page(s), so I now have no idea how much megabyte-age I've got attached to my account, how close I am to my upload-limit (if that still applies?) nor how I can remove old files to make room for new stuff. The dedicated Modders :worship: and other content-creators :hatsoff: must have it even worse than I do.

Is there any way to rearrange the list we get in 'My content', so that e.g. all the posts are made invisible, and/or the (oldest) post-attachments end up at the top, where they can be removed...?

Or what am I missing?

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  3. Synsensa

Synsensa Warlord Retired Moderator

Moderator Action: Moved to Site Feedback for exposure/the question being more about site functionality than specifically Civ3.

4. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

5. Petek

Petek Alpha Centaurian Administrator Supporter

I removed Tides of Crimson 1.5 from public view
    (which was available from the Delete Resource option). Interestingly, I don't see a Delete Resource option for my own resources. It seems that permissions are not correctly set.

6. haluu

haluu Confused Troglodyte

wow that's strange. and thanks Petek! i appreciate your help! =)

7. Delta_Strife

Delta_Strife Chieftain

On the same note can we move uploads to different categories. I want to move a unit from industrial category to modern units. Very easy to do in the old version. No idea how to do it in this version.