How to remove penalty for atacking cities?

I am currently making a combat balance mod and i wanted to remove the penalty for atacking cities with a mounted unit

how do you do it?

Is this the best option?

<Update>
<Delete UnitType="horsmean in XML" PromotionType="penalty atacking cities in XML"/>
</Update>

Code:
<GameInfo>
<Unit_FreePromotions>
<Delete PromotionType="PROMOTION_CITY_PENALTY">
</Unit_FreePromotions>
</GameInfo>

<Delete>s aren't surrounded by an <Update>. Also, you don't need to specify the horseman if you want to remove it for all mounted units (PROMOTION_CITY_PENALTY is only given to mounted units anyway).

Code:
<GameInfo>
<Unit_FreePromotions>
</Unit_FreePromotions>
</GameInfo>

<Delete>s aren't surrounded by an <Update>. Also, you don't need to specify the horseman if you want to remove it for all mounted units (PROMOTION_CITY_PENALTY is only given to mounted units anyway).

Makes sence thanxs :goodjob:

Ahem

Code:
<GameData>
<Unit_FreePromotions>
<Delete PromotionType="PROMOTION_CITY_PENALTY"/>
</Unit_FreePromotions>
</GameData>
<GameInfo> will simply cause discard of the entire file's contents.

Ahem

Code:
<GameData>
<Unit_FreePromotions>
</Unit_FreePromotions>
</GameData>
<GameInfo> will simply cause discard of the entire file's contents.

:goodjob: olso byzantium unique unit have a lesser penalty against cities will that one olso be removed?

:goodjob: olso byzantium unique unit have a lesser penalty against cities will that one olso be removed?

No, because that is a different promotion. The Byzantine Cataphract gets PROMOTION_SMALL_CITY_PENALTY. At least, it did in G&K. I'm not sure it still gets that promotion in BNW.

This should take care of the issue:
Code:
<GameData>
	<Unit_FreePromotions>
		<Delete PromotionType="PROMOTION_CITY_PENALTY"/>
		<Delete UnitType="UNIT_BYZANTINE_CATAPHRACT" PromotionType="PROMOTION_SMALL_CITY_PENALTY"/>
	</Unit_FreePromotions>
</GameData>
Note also there was another mistake in the code in that "/" was missing from the 1st "Delete" line.

Top Bottom